Emergency Call Out, Fire Damage
Name: Emergency Call Out, Fire Damage
Client: Vocus Telecommunications
Owner: Vocus Telecommunications
Site Location: Fire damage at Baron Hay Court Kensington
Project Manager: Matthew Harris
Site Supervisor: Ian Pinkard
Special Project Achievements:
All works were expedited minimising down-time of critical networks
Quality Standards Applicable:
Specific OH & S Requirements:
During a bush fire in Kensington, Vocus critical fibre pathways were severely burnt which disabled several key clients.
Vocus engaged Lightspeed to be on standby waiting for clearance from DFES so that the damage could be assessed. Upon clearance, damage was assessed, teams were mobilized to collect materials and replacement fibre from Vocus stores and set-up at the site. Lightspeed worked in coordination with civil works teams and Vocus to install replacement fibre to the Agricultural department and install a new Joint to replace the damaged sections of existing 144, 48 and 24 core fibres.
In total, 30 continuous hours of work across several teams was coordinated and the result was full end to end connectivity with no faults upon completion.
• Mobilise staff to Lightspeed and load vehicles and equipment
• Visit Vocus stores for parts and fibre trailer (jinker)
• Arrive on-site and assess works with Vocus
• Pull fibre into Ag Dept from burnt P5 pit and remove old
• Do new Runt joint within pit in grassed area of Ag Dept 12 core to 24
• Pull length on burnt cables from P5 to new P8
• Strip 10 ends of cable and prep into Dome enclosure
• Splice according to core allocations given
• Clean up site
• Return equipment