Upgrading Existing Communications Room Infrastructures
Name: City of Fremantle Town Hall
Client: City of Fremantle
Owner: City of Fremantle
Site Location: Town Hall
Completed: October 2014
Project Manager: Matthew Harris
Site Supervisor: Ian Pinkard
Special Project Achievements:
All works were completed within the deadlines and under budget.
Quality Standards Applicable:
Specific OH & S Requirements:
Lightspeed Communications were engaged to assist in the upgrading of the existing communications room infrastructures,
(including upgrading, replacing and adding battery packs to the existing UPS).
This work included the removal of the existing UPS from its current installation, and re-positioning it, including;
- Replacement of existing batteries (12 x replacement RBC44 batteries sets of 2, 24 total).
- Supply of 2 x additional SURTO13 smart-UPS utility carts, with 4 x sets of APC locking ears for free standing configuration of the current UPS.
- Additional captured outlet and tail were put on two existing PDU’s.
The existing power cabling and power infrastructure was also re-worked, including installation of overhead power and data cable trays.
Communications Rack Changes:
- 1 x 42ru AR3350 APC Cabinet
- 3 x Custom Modular top mount patching tray channels for 3 x 42ru APC racks.
- Cut-over of the current structured cabling rack into the new APC rack.
- Consolidation of all current IT equipment into the existing 2 APC racks, utilizing the space made available by the removal of the rack mount UPS.
- Re-patching of the complete communications room to the original state utilising the new cable management pathways.